Saturday, March 24, 2007

Week 3 Weigh In -- 344.6/343.4

Well, the scale is showing only a 1lb loss. I'm not too worried about it though because I spent most of yesterday in a car traveling and had a very salty dinner, so I think I'm retaining a least a pound or two of water.

I am having a hard time dealing with the snail's pace of my loss. It's hard for me to read other weight loss blogs where people consistently lose 2 lbs a week, or more. I wonder what I'm doing wrong -- yet my heart tells me there's not much I can do better. I am eating an average of 1500 calories per day, sometimes less, one day a week 1600 or so. I've biked 60 minutes and 50 minutes yesterday and today respectively, keeping my heart rate at 160 bpm. I feel good -- I'm not tired all the time, I have good energy, my mind is clear and alert. In short... I don't really understand why I'm not losing more weight. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to stop what I'm doing now. If anything, I am going to up my efforts, put in more time exercising. I want to do 6 hours of cardio per week, and 3 weight training sessions per week. I know that's a lot, but I don't know what else to do to up my metabolism.

I'm thinking about Hydroxycut or some other metabolic stimulant. Does anyone have any suggestions/experience with this? Thanks!

No comments: